In order to provide a portable pipe spooling facility for the Shohvit project in the north of Norway, Technip commissioned the construction of a pipe spooling barge complete with twin rigid pipe carousel systems.
We were awarded the contract to carry out the complete electrical power, control, instrumentation and data design and installation package which included:
- Installation of deck generators.
- Design and installation of 440V, 220V & 110V electrical distribution system.
- Design and installation of normal service and emergency lighting systems.
- Design, supply and outfit of electrical & instrument switchroom container.
- Installation of variable speed drive suites/switchboards.
- Design, supply and installation of CCTV, LAN, ‘Clearcomms’ & UHF communications systems.
- Control room outfit.
- Design, supply and installation of fire detection system.
All of the work was carried out to Technip’s asset construction specifications and marine classification society standards and to a tight deadline.